Some resources for writing support at UTS
- The library’s ‘Heads Up‘ resources (“giving you a head start at uni”) include resources on academic writing, referencing, evaluating information, and ‘starting your assignment’
- UTS HELPS (Higher Education Language and Presentation Support) has some great self-help resources to support student writing, as well as pointing to external resources, offering one-to-one drop-in sessions, setting up peer-support, discipline-specific group-collaborative sessions (UPassWrite), and general writing workshops.
- UTS has an institutional subscription to Grammarly, which offers some writing feedback beyond that offered in Word (by default at least), although some of my colleagues are not keen on elements of this feedback
- In CIC we’re trialling the Academic Writing Analytics (AWA) tool for argumentative and reflective writing, which all students have access to (and some are encouraged to use as part of our research process)
- Within-faculty support, for example the Business school has an excellent writing guide.
Related Posts via Taxonomies