I’m not going to do this very often, but this morning I found myself putting lots of things in the diary for the day – and then I just kept going filling it in with stuff I’d been doing. I thought I’d share it …
- 9-10 unusually I only got in at 9. 9-10 proof read my two CSCW papers and returned one with a small correction (the other is fine as is)
- 10-11 I’m enrolled on the Google Advanced Power Searching mooc www.powersearchingwithgoogle.com/ – I did most of the challenges last night, but needed to submit an assignment. I did this on creating an itinerary for Houston (which coincidentally *cough* I’ll be spending 2 days in before CSCW)
- 11-11.45 I’ve been editing the Learning Analytics Wikipedia page recently http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learning_analytics and am hoping to organise an edit-a-thon to organise this further. I had a quick chat with Stevie Benton at WikiMedia UK http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Stevie_Benton_%28WMUK%29 about this idea (conflict of interest, neutral point of view, etc.) and briefly the work they’re doing in education too – all of which is very exciting 🙂 [in writing this I’ve also just spent a bit of time removing external links to articles which ought to be cited in text – 5.10-5.20 let’s say! and explaining why I’ve taken them off the main page and put them on the talk page.
- 11:45-12:30 – submitted Google assignment and graded it
- 12:30-13:30 – I’m going to Leuven in April for the LAK13 conference; I needed to confirm travel, book hotels, etc.
- 13:30-14:00 – lunch & read the Guardian
- 14:00-15:00 – Neo-Demographics: Analysing human behaviour from big data, a seminar from James Goulding of Nottingham University’s Digital Horizons group
- 15:00-15:30 – Returned to KMi (reading twitter on the way), very quickly told my supervisor about the seminar and Wikimedia conversation
- 15:30-16:00 – Contacted James Goulding re: potential for data analysis methods on library data gathered via EZProxy, had followup from IT re my phone (which I’ve been unable to answer since…always) – now fixed, read my google reader blogs
- 16:00-16:15 – read more about running an edit-a-thon and updated my draft blog post on the topic
- 16:15-17:00 – Confirm travel booking, read draft so far for virtue epistemology conference certaindoubts.com/?p=3781 – need to decide if I’m going to actually submit something or not. Emailed Gregory Morris (old family friend) re: virtue epistemology (which he may not be interested in but was the last time I saw him). Sent a colleague a link on epistemic beliefs research (which she requested via Lync)
- 17:00-17:30 – Did a bit more wiki editing (see above), and wrote this blog, had an exchange with a colleague about moocs…did a bit more on the virtue epistemology stuff
I also checked twitter a lot, listened to music, checked facebook a bit (not very much), had a couple of very brief chats, and moved all of my Cambridge emails into a subfolder (or label) on my Gmail account as apparently that email will shortly be deactivated.
Feels quite busy…moderately productive (I now actually have a substantial draft for the conference above if I can be bothered to fill out the gaps in time for submission). But wow, where does it go?!